Podcast – Remember when nobody was on Twitter? We all do.

Podcast or podcasting icon
Image via Wikipedia

I guess I was feeling reflective yesterday, got the bug to create a podcast.  Not a big deal, I know, people do it all the time.  I think this was the first one I’ve done in about a year, so it felt like a big deal to me.  I talk about that a bit in the show, the mental barriers, that we create for ourselves that sometimes prevent us from plowing forward.

But the bulk of the show explores my thoughts about the Twitter experience, and while we ALL have a memory of Twitter ‘back in the day’…  even if you just signed up a week ago.  I also delve into some musings on what the future of social media may need to evolve to.

It’s been a while, far too long.  Curious to know how many people will actually take the time to listen to this.  Are podcasts even in your daily routine anymore?  Is it still relevant?  Share a thought, I’d be curious to know your ideas on the topic.

Enjoy.

Download the podcast

By | 2010-09-28T08:18:55+00:00 September 28th, 2010|Musings, Podcasting, Teach42 Podcasts|12 Comments

1. RAMartin 9/28/2010 at Sep 28, 10 | 3:21 pm

Podcast – Remember when nobody was on Twitter? We all do.:

Image via Wikipedia

I guess I was feeling reflect… http://bit.ly/cRyQMi

2. Alltop Education 9/28/2010 at Sep 28, 10 | 4:37 pm

Podcast – Remember when nobody was on Twitter? We all do. http://bit.ly/9YkvLM

3. Twitt3r News Eqentia 9/28/2010 at Sep 28, 10 | 4:41 pm

Podcast – Remember when nobody was on Twitter? We all do. http://eqent.me/avpQ9C

4. Dean Shareski 9/29/2010 at Sep 29, 10 | 8:46 am

I miss the car noise. “Back in the day”, I used to think that podcasts had to be done in a vehicle. You and Bud were a huge part of my early connection to the world we live in now. There’s something still very engaging about the human voice. We’re still too text bias for me. I’m guilty of it as well.

5. Steve Dembo 9/29/2010 at Sep 29, 10 | 10:23 am

That’s an interesting point. There really is a deeper connection that is made via voice, in comparison to text only. And yet, those ‘voice based tweets’ services never gain any traction. Wonder why that is…

Then again, if you’re tweeting back and forth with voice based messages……. I guess that’s called a phone conversation.

6. Meg Griffin 9/29/2010 at Sep 29, 10 | 5:18 pm

Great thoughts Steve. I really do enjoy the ability to listen, partly because I can then multitask – which is all I seem to do anymore. The other point I really connected to was the idea of conversation. It reminded me of our session this summer at Bentley where conversation was so integral and valuable.
    I am not sure what allows that move to conversation – I just don’t see it in text as I do in voice to voice.

7. David LaMorte 9/29/2010 at Sep 29, 10 | 7:59 pm

What would we have to do to get you to do more of these? In an effort to deal with my Twitter issues I’ve been pruning who I follow. I figure if something really great happens I’ll see it retweeted, eventually.

8. James Gubbins 9/30/2010 at Sep 30, 10 | 4:21 pm

How timely! I’m putting the finishing touches on my IETC presentation about “casting” media (podcasts, screencasts and streaming media). Although your thoughts on Twitter are awesome (as always) the points about the power of podcasting are just as poignant!

9. Fred Delventhal 10/2/2010 at Oct 02, 10 | 8:54 pm

Listening to: Podcast – Remember when nobody was on Twitter? We all do. – Teach42 http://bit.ly/bqUMIm

10. Liane Sousa 10/4/2010 at Oct 04, 10 | 1:32 pm

RT @teach42: Podcast – Remember when nobody was on Twitter? We all do. http://bit.ly/b1YLsP

11. Wii Fit Workout Schedule 11/19/2010 at Nov 19, 10 | 2:11 pm

I also remember when people would actually break up in person rather than breakup over twitter so everyone can see.

12. tweets123 5/28/2012 at May 28, 12 | 5:34 am

the first creature is to start on Twitter yourself to understand what you like to read, who you like to follow, and to clearly identify what you like closely Twitter.